15 March 2011

My IAESTE internship in Kazakhstan


Kazakhstan’s icy winter
Hi, I’m Martin from Kaiserslautern and I spent ten weeks in Kazakhstan’s icy winter to do an IAESTE internship in the Physics department of the Innovative University of Eurasia Pavlodar.


At work, where I prepared tests and materials for lecturers and held seminars, my colleagues and the students were very friendly and helpful. Frequently they invited me to their homes for tea or dinner or we went out to go ice skating or to see a hockey match. So I could get a really good insight into the Kazakh everyday life and culture. I also used my free time to learn a little Russian, so that I could get along with the shopping and make some small talk.
Astana, the capital of Kazakhstan
Over one weekend I did a trip to the capital Astana, which was founded only in 1998, but which has already 700.000 inhabitants and districts with futuristic building complexes like Dubai.

In the Bayterek tower in Astana
I have never in my whole life been in such a hospitable country as Kazakhstan. The internship was very interesting for me and I can only recommend everybody to visit Kazakhstan.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Martin!

    I would like to ask you a few questions regarding your experience in Kazakhstan because I also want to do an internship there.
    Please share some info with me !

    My name is Iesha and my email is aishayuan@gmail.com

    THanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking out the time to discuss this, I feel great about it and love studying more on this topic. It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks for such a valuable help again. kazakistan bayrağı

    ReplyDelete