30 March 2011

My AIESEC internship in Romania

I am studying to become a teacher

Hi!
I'm Julia from Landau and I carried out a six weeks AIESEC internship in a nursery school in Romania. In Landau I am studying to become a teacher for special education and so I was looking for a traineeship with children or teenagers. Through the help of AIESEC Kaiserslautern I could find one in a nursery school in Brasov, Romania.

Meal with friends
Arriving in Romania, I first spent three days in the capital, Bucharest, and then went to Brasov. At the train station I was picked up and welcomed warmly. A stay for me had been organized in a room of a students dormitory. I shared it with three other interns from Russia and Turkey. With them and the AIESEC members from Brasov, I went on trips over the weekends to the
nearby sights. Among these was the Dracula's Castle in Bran, Rasnov or a hiking trip in the nearby ski resort.
Bran Castle


In the nursery school
During the week, I was working in a kindergarten with special offer of German-language training for children. In the morning I took care of three to six year old children, and playfully taught them German words, phrases or whole songs or poems. In the afternoon, I was helping school children with their German homework. After work, I often went out for dinner with my colleagues and I was even invited to the wedding of my boss. This gave me a good insight to the daily life and celebrations in Romania.


Rasnov
The internship gave me the possibility to work with young children, gain knowledge over another country and culture and to make friends from all over the world. I am still in contact with the nursery school, some other international interns and students from Brasov. My next holiday in Romania is already planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment