19 August 2010

Cultural Envoy for Exchange Development

Cata...
My name is Catalina Serban (a.k.a. Cata) from Pitesti, Romania and I came to Kaiserslautern, Germany to meet new people and to work. 
My journey started last year in spring when I decided to come to the grand opening of an organization that I did not know, AIESEC. I joined as a member right after because the presentation fascinated me and my expectations. I found out that AIESEC is an international organization for young people who want to develop personally and professionally.

During one year I was a volunteer in AIESEC working for the human resources department (tracking the activities of the other members, coaching for career planning) and participating to conferences where I received the best preparation as a trainer, I have organized different projects such as Ecological Matters of the environment (camping trips to the affected areas in the mountains, or planting trees).
... in K-Town
I found myself today drinking a glass of Apfelsaft in Kaiserslautern, coming in Germany through AIESEC, being able to build my own career in human resources, by living those six weeks of cultural internship experience.
In AIESEC Kaiserslautern my job was to offer consultancy to international students who wanted to apply on one of the corporate internships that the organization offered. AIESEC Kaiserslautern has it's office in one of the buildings of the Technische Universität  of Kaiserslautern.
When I first came here I got to taste a lot of new food, some that I liked some that I did not like. My favored food is plum pie and green salad. Banana wheat beer and Apfelsaft are the two kind of drinks that I advice anyone to taste.
K-Town is the town of football
The places are colored in different stiles, everything is clean and nice. The people are polite and the discussions about different domains variate. This is what I like the most, from Physics to Movies, from art to world inventions all are very well defined and everyone is well received with his opinion.
About the traditions of the town, I know that in August is celebrated in Kaiserslautern, the medieval market festival, where people come dressed in medieval clothing with swords and other accessories for reminding how was Germany long ago. The main served product is beer in large pints.
I found the town very interesting. Kaiserslautern is the town of football, also called K-Town. It is a town that long ago had a river flowing right through it's middle called Lauter. As you walk on the streets you will meet a lot of churches and football players statues, green places full of flowers, fountains with historical past.

Writing those lines with enthusiasm I am looking forward to my next AIESEC experience. I advice anyone who wants to work and have fun, choose AIESEC as a part of your student life, it grows your network and flowers your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment